Higley Hall / Life Science Building
Originally named the Life Science Building, the benefactor was originally anonymous to the public. At the dedication of the building, Ida, one of William Howard Doane's daughters, was named as the donor. For many decades, the Life Science Building was home to the Biology Department.
In the 1990s, the building was becoming outdated for laboratory work and needed renovations. Albert M. Higley, Jr., class of 1951, and his wife came forward to pay for the renovations. The building was therefore renamed in their honor. Today, Higley Hall is home of the Economics and Communication Departments.
Namesake: Albert M. Higley, Jr., Class of 1951
Architect: William Gehron
Original Donor: Ida Doane