Helen Arnett Whisler came to Denison in the fall of 1916. She contracted tuberculosis and died in March of 1918. Her parents, Charles and Mary Belle Arnett Whisler, gifted Denison with a hospital in their daughter’s memory. Originally a fully equipped hospital, the Whisler Center (as it is now known) has shifted toward basic student care with particular emphasis on sexual and mental health.
Namesake: Helen Arnett Whisler
Architect: Schenck & Williams of Dayton, Ohio